Thoughts of the Day: WARNING Contains Avatar: The Last Airbender Spoilers.
1. I am an Agnostic Atheist. I don’t know what lies beyond but I don’t believe anything does. That being said, if I did believe I’d believe it is more like Piers Anthony’s Incarnations of Immortality series, The afterlife is more like a bureaucratic office and God and D.Evil are just white collar jobs that someone doesn’t always want to go to work for. That about sums that up.
2. I reread all three issues of Avatar The Promise. WARNING
A quick run down. Yu Dao, An fire nation colony in the earth kingdom, is being torn apart my the restoration movement. The Avatar has decided all people should go back to the nation of their heritage and be separate The colonists have beef with this because Fire nation and Earth kingdom have interbred here for 100 years. The Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation show up with their armies to tear shit up. Zuko has some angst. The Avatar puts his foot down and says they all must be separate to remain balanced. Katara says “Fine, then we would have to break up.” Aang has a sudden change of heart and they begin to search for Zuko’s mom. Oh, and Aang starts teaching Air Nomad ways to a new group of Acolytes.
Long story short: Katara’s booty saved the world. The end.
3. I am a Medical Science student. In the past I have attended autopsies, studied a variety of dead animals, been covered in various bodily fluids, and been wrist deep in the human brain. Tumblr still has an amazing ability to shock me. Found Nude pictures in the books tag. Shocked is an inappropriate term. Amazed might work.
4. I’m a lazy ass. Sending everyone’s Christmas cards after Christmas. It’s the mail. They always blame the mail system for it being late. Bwahahahaha!
Thoughts for the day.
1. My blog is titled “Becoming Water”. Water is the element of change. It is always flowing and adapts. Be like water, like a wise man once said.
2. See my special post coming up on New Years Resolutions.
3. I started running again a month ago. I have doubled the distance in which I run in that time. Progress. Once my desired distance is reached I will work on time.
4. Taco Bell is the Dollar Store of the fast food world.
Time to go to youtube and watch Black Friday Riot vids an weep for humanity.
Thoughts for the day.
I like coffee and doughnuts way to much for someone who is not a cop.
Mr. Hollands opus is an awesome movie, however, it is a movie I thought ended about eight times before it actually did, in fact, end.
Here is a quick list of anime, book, tv, and movie fandoms, in no order nor categorized (although, I never see a movie until I read the book first, it is a rule, same with tv series. If there is a book, I have read it.):
Avatar (TLA and LoK)
LOTR and the Hobbit (The Hobbit was the first chapter book I ever read.)
Piers Anthony’s Incarnations of Immortality Series
Neil Gaiman anything, particularly the Sandman
The Old Kingdom (OR Abhorsen depending where you live) Trilogy.
Anything and Everything Batman.
Descendants of Darkness
Yu Yu Hakusho
Ghost in the Shell
Chronicles of Narnia
Getting into some Stephen King
This list is so much longer, also, I watch and read many more things, these are just fandom level items, I did not include music or video games, saving that one for later. At some point I will add trends I do enjoy. That is all.
Korra Episode 7
Amazing. Asami is getting a lot of respect from me now. Shit is getting real. I don’t believe this will be the whole crew though, no, there will be other players added. Most likely even more love interests.
Lyn Bei-Fong isn’t Sokka’s child.
IN episode five I believe it was you find out Tenzin and Lyn used to date before he married his wife. IF Sokka fathered Lyn then Tenzin and Lyn would be first cousins. That is all.
But some physical traits seem to be attribute to at least a citizen native of the water tribe.
I finally caught up on watching Legend of Korra.
I, personally, think it is amazing. IF they made a show solely about probending, I’d watch that. Also, whenever I see the abbreviation LoK. I call it Loki. That is all.
Avatar: The Last Airbender The Promise Part 1
I got this in the mail today and already read it. Wow. Cliffhanger folks?
Yesterday I bought…
Book one of the Promise. Guess what? Free two day shipping.
and I bought my daughter her first cloth diaper.